[Savannah-hackers] Clarification on removing projects

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Clarification on removing projects
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:05:29 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

We currently have a few requests to remove projects from Savannah in the
support queue, but before I take the plunge I'd like to request some
advice.

In the case where projects have moved to another Free Software hosting
service I understand it's our policy to delete the project, but I'm not
sure whether that should also mean that other data belonging to the
project should also be removed.

For example, say project `foo' has moved bar.org, should I just delete the
project via the front-end or should I also remove the it's CVS repository,
webcvs repository, download area, any existing mailing lists, etc?

Also, in the case of removing a GNU project, what is the procedure?  See
this current request for example:

  Hi,

  I wish to drop the GNU FriBidi (fribidi) project from Savannah, and also
  drop lists fribidi-list, fribidi-announce, and bug-fribidi.

  We have already set up GNU FriBidi on freedesktop.org, with permission
  from RMS.

  Thanks
  behdad

In this case what should we do?  Delete the project?  Delete the project
and all of it's data?  Close the project?  Anything else?

--
Elfyn