Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Tibetan Script Font - savannah

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Tibetan Script Font - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:26:11 +0100

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 04:24:42PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Christopher Fynn <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Free Tibetan Script Font
> System name: free-tibetan
> Type: non-GNU

> Project to develop a free Tibeatan script font (for Tibetan, Dzongkha,
> Ladakhi etc languages) - for use with iso10646 (Unicode) encoded
> documents. The font will be based on my earlier free "Tibetan Modern A"
> font which was first released in 1994. [The original "Tibetan Modern A"
> font is currently available at:
> http://seasrc.th.net/sealang-l/font/tibmda.zip ,
> http://user.dtcc.edu/~berlin/font/downloads/tibmda.zip and numeous other
> places - and included in some linux disritibutions.]

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to
refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software
movement.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

> The font will be updated to include many additonal glyphs needed for
> translitteration of Sanskrit and words from other languages into Tibetan
> script. Open type layout tables etc will be added to the font for so that
> it works with Pango etc.

I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mail
containing detailled information about the approval.

Please remember to import a copy of the GPL (available from here
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt) when you import your work
into the CVS.

Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4