Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Mercury - Stock control applica

From: Xavier Nicolovici
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Mercury - Stock control applicationfor - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:29:38 +0200

Hi Terry,

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code.

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

For information, here are the files that need to be modified:
- src/mainwin.cpp
- src/mainwin_ui.cpp
- src/mercury.cpp
- src/network.h
- src/mainwin.h
- src/mainwin_ui.h
- src/network.cpp
- po/mercury.pot

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,

Xavier Nicolovici

Terry Lewis wrote:

Hi Xavier,
Here's the url
ftp://ftp.bananahead.com/pub/utils/mercury-0.0.1-.tar.bz2

It's only really a layout design made by address@hidden with glade, so not
much to see yet. Al and I are working closely for a fully featured point
of sale, MIS and ecommerce system for a wide array of trades. My main role
of it all is mostly ecommerce related.

Mercury is basically to compliment the Bananapos (of which you host this
project) system as a dedicated stock control application based on GTK2 and
will initially run on GNU/Linux. It's aimed for warehouse use, goods can
be checked in or out usually with a barcode scanner. It will also generate
barcode labels for new stock items. The original idea is to work along
with a customer website frontend so when products as well of which I am
also working on, this I will add to the project in due course. This whole
system will depend on Bananapos libraries found at
http://www.bananahead.com, although at this stage I'm not really sure
exactly which of these are needed.

Hi Terry,

One remark about my last email, do not re-register your project into
Savannah, simply provide
full description and URL to tarball through email reply.

Regards,

Xavier Nicolovici

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
This mail was sent to address@hidden,address@hidden

Terry Lewis <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Mercury - Stock control application for
System name: mercury
Type: non-GNU

A goods receiving, transfer, and out application for BHPOS
(www.bananahead.com)

Please resubmit your project with a detailed technical
description that specifies such requirements as programming languages
and external libraries. It should be at least one-half a page.

Other Software Required:
bhpos-base

Other Comments:

Also, register your project again and include an (temporary) URL
pointing to the source code. The description you gave when
registering will not be read by the general public. If you are still
concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by
email.

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and statement permitting copying at the
beginning of every file of source code. This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html. Our review would help
catch potential omissions such as these.