Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval [satellite221]

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval [satellite221]
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:07:35 -0400

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 03:51 pm, Martin-Guillerez Damien wrote:
> Everythings seems fine except that :
> > > Arg those files come from GNU AS, Should I update it ?
> >
> > Though the matter is trivial, get the latest from GNU as, which should be
> > updated with the correct header.  The reason you can't modify it directly
> > is because the GPL says, "keep intact all the notices that refer to this
> > License and to the absence of any warranty;", which means the project's
> > maintainer would have to modify it.
>
> Oula
> Seems complicate since most of thoses files have been modified by Salto
> Developpers, What should I do ? The easier way might be to put a file
> to indicate the change of address somewhere.

Either add a notice note giving the new address, or ask the GNU as team (or
the appropriate copyright holder) checking if it is fine for you to update
the notice.

Checking with the team/copyright holder and asking for permission to fix the
address is the preferred way, as it would avoid confusion in the long run.