Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS files area...

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS files area...
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:17:18 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:04:16PM -0400, Bill wrote:
> My understandingn of GPG is very weak...
>
> When I type
> gpg --export --armor "(rivetwa via FSF) <address@hidden>"
> I get a different result as when I type
> gpg --export --armor "(rivetwa via FSF)<address@hidden>"

The 2nd one fails for me:
  gpg: WARNING: nothing exported

> This seems very strange. I tried every key I have listed via gpg
> - --list-keys and I cannot reproduce the gpg key I put on savannah. If I
> use "gpg --export --armor rivetwa" I get it, but I cna't figure out
> how to determine which key  is really being used. I must be doing
> something wrong here....:

I think GPG exported both keys ("rivetwa via FSF" and "My general
mailbox"). I got these 2 keys in my `gpg --list-keys` when I imported
your GPG key. That would explain why you cannot reproduce the key when
trying to export only one precise key.