Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Calm Calendar Management - savannah

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Calm Calendar Management - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:36:35 +0100

Hello Joshua,

Apologies for the delay!  Your reply ended up in my spam box :/

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:25:03AM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:32:32PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> > I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 06:09:49AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> > > A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org
> > > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
> > >

> > > Joshua Nathaniel Pritikin <address@hidden> described the package as
> > > follows:
> > > License: gpl
> > > Other License:
> > > Package: Calm Calendar Management
> > > System name: calm
> > > Type: non-GNU

> > > calm is a novel calendar management system.  The perl source code is
> > > only 50 lines long, but in this case, wonders come in small packages.
> > > What makes calm unique is its database format.  The events database
> > > is a simple text file.  Events are recorded beginning with YYYY-MM-DD.
> > > There is no need for an irritating GUI.  A simple text editor will
> > > suffice.
> >
> > Please reply and include an (temporary) URL pointing to the source
> > code.
>
> The complete source code is attached.
>
> > The description you gave when registering will not be read
> > by the general public. If you are still concerned with privacy,
> > however, you can forward the code to me by email (address@hidden).
> >
> > We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
> > catch potential legal issues early.
> >
> > For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
> > include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the
> > beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
> > catch potential omissions such as these.
>
> I will also add a --version command line option which includes the
> license information.
>
> > > Other Software Required:
> > > only perl
> >
> > If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
> > us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
> > will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.
>
> --
> A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://openheartlogic.org
>
> [...source snipped...]

I have approved your project.  You will receive an automated e-mail
containing detailled information about the approval.

Please add a copy of the GPL (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), when you
import into the CVS.

For more information, please see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4