Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Implausibility - savannah.gnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Implausibility - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:27:54 +0200

> brett hartshorn <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Implausibility
> System name: imp
> Type: GNU

> The Implausiblity project is an operating system that is designed to
> evolve and change by natural selection and democracy.  It will have
> an integrated webserver that also manages destribution of code
> within a social networking system based on FOAF
> (http://foaf-project.org) and a online voting system.  The core will
> be built ontop of Morphix, which can be used from cdrom or installed
> to the hard drive.  The highlevel parts of the OS will be written in
> Python using a 'prototyping' (see http://prothon.org) style of
> programming combined with xml so that the code may be linked to
> remotely over the internet.  The code linking system will be
> integrated with the social networking system so that social groups
> can quickly fork the code and create their own versions.  It is
> hoped that the dynamic nature of the code and the social networks
> will lead to faster development of the OS.
>
> The source code can be downloaded here:
> http://opart.org/implausibility.tar.gz
>
> A demo site running Implausibility can be viewed here:
> http://opart.org/router
>
> Other Software Required:
> morphix
> http://morphix.org
> python
> http://python.org
> twistedmatrix
> http://twistedmatrix.com/
> dotWith
> http://opart.org/dotWith/
>
> Other Comments:
> note: i want to use the system name of 'implausibility', but since i
> had tried to register before with the system name of
> 'implausibility' it said that name was taken and i could not use it.
> In order to submit this i had to use the system name of 'imp'

Savannah does not host OS distributions, mainly for bandwidth reasons.
However, we would be glad to host parts of it as separate project(s).

I will ask you to resubmit your project in terms that comply with that
policy. However, keep in mind that:

- I will delete projects "implausibility" and "imp" so you can use
those names again

- You will not have to wait as much longer than you just had (We
started accepting new projects a month ago and had troubles clearing
the backlog and finding new volunteers to help.)