Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of VoXpopuli - savannah.gnu.org

From: Xavier Nicolovici
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of VoXpopuli - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:22:17 +0200

Hi,

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon completion,
your project will be included in Savannah.

Regards,

Xavier Nicolovici

Xavier Nicolovici a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
>

>> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>> This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
>>

>> Tourel David <address@hidden> described the package as
>> follows:
>> License: lgpl
>> Other License: Package: VoXpopuli
>> System name: voxpopuli
>> Type: GNU
>>

> Your project is not part of the GNU project, so we cannot
> accept its current type.   We want to maintain the distinction between
> 'GNU' and 'non-GNU' projects. If your project is approved for inclusion
> into Savannah, we will set its type to 'non-GNU'.
>
> Whenever your project is accepted into the GNU project you may change its
> type.  You can do this by asking us.

>> VoXpopuli is a french GNU/GPL forum engine.
>>

> Again, you can not say that your project is GNU as long
> as it is not accepted into the GNU project. Instead, you're encouraged
> to say that VoXpopuli is a french forum engine, released under the GPL.
>
>> Coded in PHP with a MySQL database.
>> Based on template with a GZIP system to send compressed data to the
>> web browser, voxpopuli is a fast system because it use  a caching
>> system for MySQL recordset. In fact this caching system improve by
>> 300% the time of generation of a page.
>> PHP is coded in POO.
>> VoXpopuli permit to make multiple forum in multiple category, user
>> profile, give right to certain user to moderate forums.
>> Give differents access right to each forum, show or hide forum (this
>> allow to do temporary forum, the aim is to permit to do a comentary
>> on a news or article).
>> VoXpopuli - SDK will permit webmaster to do a website using all the
>> fonctionnality of the forum, like session, SQL abstraction class with
>> cache system, and some little util like get Ip of client.
>> VoXpopuli respect W3C standard with xHTML and CSS.
>>
>> Sorry for my approximative english...
>>
>> Other Software Required:
>> phemplate (template engine)
>>
>> Other Comments:
>>

> Please reply and include an (temporary) URL pointing to the source
> code. The description you gave when registering will not be read
> by the general public. If you are still concerned with privacy,
> however, you can forward the code to me by email (address@hidden).
>
> We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
> catch potential legal issues early.
> For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
> include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the
> beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
> catch potential omissions such as these.
>
> Regards,
>
> Xavier Nicolovici

hi,
ok, I understand the difference between GNU and GPL,
VoXpopuli, is released under the GPL.
You can see it in the piece of source code (main classes) at this adress
http://www.voxpopuli-forum.net/voxpopuli.zip
It's difficult to show you piece of code because for the moment I work
on a local web server.

I hope this .zip archive answer at your questions!
if it's not the case, send me another mail :-)

thank you for your consideration,
David Tourel