Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of VoXpopuli - savannah.gnu.org

From: Xavier Nicolovici
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of VoXpopuli - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:02:55 +0200

I've reviewed you vox_dev.zip package which is far more complete
than the first one you've provided and here are some remarks.

I've found a few PHP source files that does not contains copyright notices
and permission-to-copy statements headers.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code, same as you've done
for most of your source files.

Again, additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

For information, here is the list of incorrect source file:
./admin/config-manager.php
./admin/configvox.inc.php
./admin/lang/french.inc.php
./admin/manage-cong.php

Furthermore, the SQL source files (tableforum.sql and test_vox.sql)
should also include copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements.
However, I've found that the test_vox.sql file has been generated with
phpMyAdmin and may be used for backup or development purpose. If this is the case, you are not forced to add copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements
but you must remove it from your distribution package.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,

Xavier Nicolovici

David Tourel wrote:

Hi,
thanks for your council,
the complete updated tarball can be see here:

/_http://www.voxpopuli-forum.net/voxpopuli_complete.zip_ <http://www.voxpopuli-forum.net/voxpopuli.zip>/

have a nice day,
david tourel

Hi,

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon completion,
your project will be included in Savannah.

Regards,

Xavier Nicolovici