Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Brutus - Collaboration Framework -

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Brutus - Collaboration Framework - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 15:52:02 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 02:49:11PM +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> > "V2 or later" requires to trust the FSF to a certain degree. Maybe you
> > don't.
>
> I do trust the present members of FSF, but a lot of things might happen
> in, say 50 years.

[...]
> OK, I am sufficiently assured to such a degree that I don't object to
> the "or later" thing. Expect to see that reflected in my source soonish.
>

> > I do not have much information on GPLv3. However, you may be
> > interested in having a look at the Affero GPL; a description is here:
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses,
> > and the license available is http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html. Affero
> > GPL adresses a problem of GPLv2, and the FSF plans to do the same in
> > GPLv3.
>
> Do you have any ETA on V3? Will a draft be published??

v3 is planned for a long time, but it was delayed several times
(because the FSF made the GFDL, had to work on SCO, etc).

Drafts are published before to make an official version.

However I have no ETA nor current draft to give you. I will ask around
and tell you.

Also, I discussed with another Savannah hackers (regarding the
non-free dependencies), and we agree to host brutus.

As soon as you send an updated tarball, I will approve your project :)
The GPL HOWTO (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html) provides a
standard notice with "V2 or later".