Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Blasters - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Heretik
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Blasters - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:39:12 +0200

I hadn't subscribed to this mailing list so i didn't see this thread
concerning the project i submitted.

As you mentionned the possible legal problems concerning this project,
i'd like to ask what we can and what we shouldn't do to avoid falling in
such problems.

Richard Stallman wrote :
> We're also concerned that the gnu must not have a role subordinate to
> the penguin.

Our first characters will be Tux and Beastie and the gnu is the third
character we intend to make, we just need to make the graphics for it.
But as soon as it's ready, it'll have the exact same importance as the
others, and as any other Free Software mascott we'll draw in the future.
By the way, should we ask every project if we can use their mascott. I
guess it isn't required, but is it generally preferred ?

I'd like to know if our subscription is frozen while issuing the legal
problems, or if it is the usual process and we don't need to worry about
the days it takes to be approved

--
Heretik