[Savannah-hackers] Re: moving groff CVS & mailing lists to savannah

From: Bernhard Reiter
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:50:29 +0200

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 08:03:55AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> The last few years groff has been hosted at ffii.org.  Now there are
> new maintainers but they are restricting themselves to the current
> activities of FFII, namely to fight against software patents.  They
> asked me to move groff to savannah, so here I am.

Hi Werner,

the FFII was very happy to be able to support the groff project.
In my understanding the FFII also wants to keep supporting the
project and the infrastructure.

The admins in my view have acted without having a decision of the
full FFII in that regard. However they have the practical problem
that currently they have no person with enough CVS knowledge to maintain it.

As the policy of the FFII to support Free Software and its projects
has not changed so far, I assume that soon there will be a the
possibility to host some Free Software projects again.

Best Regards,
        Bernhard