Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Barter System Compensator - savanna

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Barter System Compensator - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:13:47 +0100

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 05:13:19PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> olivier chausavoine <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Barter System Compensator
> System name: bartersystem
> Type: GNU

Your project is not part of the GNU project, so we cannot accept its current
type.
We want to maintain the distinction between 'GNU' and 'non-GNU' projects. If
your
project is approved for inclusion into Savannah, we will set its type to
'non-GNU'.

If your project is accepted into the GNU project you may change its type.  You
can
do this by asking us.

> It is a barter system described on this link:
> http://www.documentaires.info/etroc
> Commitments between participants are represented as a graph that the barter
> system simplifies eatch time it's possible. It's done by flow circulation on
> newly formed loops, but it does'nt need any common value standard between
> participants, that would be a money.
> Graph exploration is time consuming, but if the participant accepts a limited
> knowledge of the market, the system works also on large graphs.

As you have no code, we would like to see detailed information on the design
of your project.  For example, from the description you gave, I know that graphs
are rendered displaying the commitments between participants, but I have no idea
about the relationships involved in it's creation.

> No code yet!
>

> Other Software Required:
> The graph exploration need optimized routines, probably C or C++.
> The rest could use GNUE or python.
> No decisions are made now.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please reply with them.
Upon review, we will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4