Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Barter System Compensator - savanna

From: olivier chaussavoine
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Barter System Compensator - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:17:15 +0200

Thank you for your first reading.

You asked me what were the relationships in the commitments creation.
My response is the following:

In non technical terms, the idea is to allow exchange between economic actor without the need of a common value standard. There are so many people that are poor just because their economy is not working correctly, due to monetary problems. There are solutions for it, and the idea I propose could be an other one.

More technically now, the participants sign electronic documents instead of transferring money. The system I propose is able to store and reduce these commitments as soon as a loop is identified among the participants. The circulating value in the loop is cancelled.
No common value is needed for it.

There is now some code developed in python, but I really need a server on line to make it work, and try it. I have no server online to install it. Have you any idea?

No problem for the "non GNU"

Is it what you were waiting for?

Regards.