[Savannah-hackers] submission of 'aroundme' , Barnraiser´s social networ

From: tom
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of 'aroundme' , Barnraiser´s social networki - savannah.gnu .org
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:37:58 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

tom calthrop <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: 'aroundme', Barnraiser´s social networki
System name: aroundme
Type: GNU

'aroundme', Barnraiser´s social networking and team interaction software.
'aroundme' has three central components, social network, groupware, activities
and task management.

 'aroundme' is a 'web standard' product. It will work with standard web server
configurations such as a typical Linux distribution running Apache and PHP
services or a Microsoft server running IIS and PHP. These are available from
most internet service providers (ISP) should you wish to host externally.

'aroundme' takes up a small amount of disk space (appox 3mb). The amount of
space given to each user for image storage is configurable at installation.
Awarding large disk quotas to users will increase your disk space usage which
if with an ISP will increase your costs.

'aroundme' is easy to install and configure for personel trained in server
administration. Please note, we are very sorry but we do not have the resources
to support you if you are not within our donor program.

Full specifications and demonstration at: http://build.barnraiser.org/aroundme/

Other Software Required:
php 4.x
ADOdb (ADOdb currently supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird,
Informix, Oracle, MS SQL 7, Foxpro, Access, ADO, Sybase, FrontBase, DB2 and
generic ODBC)
Web server (Apache or IIS)

Other Comments:
You cannot download our source from our site. We are in the process of
registering with sourceforge - downloads will be available there. I can email
you the software to check if you like, however it is only php scripts and xhtml
-> address@hidden if you want it.

I know it has nothing todo with the source, however you may wish to briefly
read our organisational overview to get an overvirew of the greater project ->
http://www.barnraiser.org/

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/