[Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Enterprise - savannah.nongnu.org

From: ian_bangs
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Enterprise - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:52:27 -0400

Ian Bangs <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Free Enterprise
System name: free-enterprise
Type: non-GNU

Free Enterprise is an open-source enterprise management system.

The goal is to create the basic framework of a business, so that
entrepreneurs may focus on developing the business instead of the
infrastructure.

Detailed documentation will be necessary to explain the consequences
of various decisions. References will be needed for various industries
that have special regulations and procedures.

Although not a replacement for an accountant, attorney, office manager, clerks,
janitor... it is hoped that Free Enterprise will
make the jobs of these people easier.

I hope it will be especially useful for small businesses that can't
afford commercial systems. To that end, some example business models will be
included (small bookstore, veterinary clinic, etc.).

I do not have a place to host my project at the moment, however a shallow view
of the table of contents of my current notes follows:

Start Up

  Business Plan
    Executive Summary
    Industry, Customer, and Competitor Analysis
    Company and Product Description
    Marketing Plan
    Sales and Customer Service
    Operations Plan
    Development Plan
    Team
    Critical Risks
    Offering
    Financial Plan

  Organization / Incorporation
    Entity Type
    Articles of Incorporation
    By-Laws
    Organizational Meetings
    Corporate Record Book
    Business Registrations

  Raising Capital
    Choice of Security
    Sale of Securities
    Venture Capital
    Mezzanine Financing
    Public Offering
    Corporate Partnering / Strategic Alliance

  After Establishing the Business
    Real Estate
    Licensing Agreements
    Trademark and Patent Registration
    Stock Sale Agreements
    Asset Purchase Agreements
    Franchise Agreements
    Employment Agreements
    Shareholder Agreements
    Confidentiality Agreements
    Letters of Intent
    Opinion Letters

Operations

Marketing
  Market Research
  Market Analysis

Sales and Customer Service

Operations

  Products
    Equipment
    Suppliers
    Materials
    Production
    Inventory
    Workflow
  Services
  Quality Assurance and Control

Development
  Development Strategy
  Development Timeline

Human Resources
  Hiring Process
  Tracking Working Time and Calculating Earnings
  Calculating Withholding Taxes, Other Deductions, and Tips
  Paycheck and Record Keeping Activities
  Employer Payroll Taxes and Tax Deposits
  Payroll Reporting Requirements

Risk Management

Safety
  Hazardous Materials
  First Aid
  Security
  Insurance

Finances and Accounting
  Journals
    Sales Journal
    Cash Receipts Journal
    Purchases Journal
    Cash Payments Journal
    Bracket Entries
  Chart of Accounts
  Financial Statements
  Financial Statement Analysis
  Auditing

Taxes
  Federal
    Income
    Social Security (FICA)
    Federal Unemployment (FUTA)
  State
  Local

Real Estate
  Purchased Property
  Leased Property

Agreements
  Business Agreements
  Operating Agreements
  Stock Agreements
  Management Agreements
  Employee Agreements
  Purchase Agreements
  Sales Agreements

Records
  Cash in Bank / Revenue & Expense Journal
  Revenue and Expense Journal
  Invoices & Sales Receipts
  Petty Cash Record
  Inventory Records
  Fixed Asset Logs
  Accounts Receivable
  Accounts Payable
  Independent Contractor Record
  Payroll Records
  Mileage Log
  Travel & Entertainment Logs
  Customer Records
  Business Checkbook
  Filing System
  Record Book
  Files

Scheduling

Other Software Required:
LaTeX, Perl, SQL, XML (and related standards: XSLT, XLink, XHTML...)

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/