Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:29:05 -0600

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

Interesting, that's a Savane bug, I guess. I'll check it, but not now,
we have some script to fix first - I hope you understand. I added it
to our tasks list.
Not a problem. Around here we're all on what we call "mountain time" :-) I appreciate savannah as a resource, and I know how it is to balance volunteer work with being able to pay bills.

<>
I see, so the project name is really GnuAE, not GNU AE or AE?

Well, I guess this could be up for discussion, but yeah, GnuAE ( to accentuate the AE part) was what I have been calling it. Mostly cause it sounds good. :-) GnuAE is the first release of a series of programs dealing with alternate energy systems. (photovoltaic, wind, and hydro) GnuAE is the design and system sizing software, then TraceGUI (the next release, about 90% done) is a GUI for DC->AC power inverters (data logging and control), then the main project is Abelmon (about 20% done), a power management system for off-grid houses. (I've got an off-grid house and hack code, so... :-)

<>I wait for confirmation regarding creating 'address@hidden' - that's
something we should have checked before.

For DejaGnu, I have a address@hidden list, so I figured I'd have one for GnuAE. Since this is a new project, I'm flexible. The DejaGnu lists are pretty ancient though, so things may have changed.

   - rob -