Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:12:42 -0600

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

Can you give me the exact URL of the page before the problem, and the
page of the problem?
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuae/. It says:

 Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /software/gnuae/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.gnu.org Port 80

Currenly there are 2 pending news items waiting for approval for
project GnuAE. You should also check them.
That doesn't work for me. When I click on the Apply button on the GnuAE NEWS page, it takes me to the NEWS page for the Figure project. I made two attempts to add a new NEWS item, so that's what those are. If I go to https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group_id=6786, and click Apply, it takes me to https://savannah.gnu.org/news/index.php?group=gnuae&limit=10. Even though the parameters to the script say gnuae, the NEWS page I get is for the Figure Project, which has no NEWS items.

<>

<>You can create a .symlink file for that task, containing:
gnuae.html index.html

I'll just change the name, and just checked in a fix. I thought it had to be the project name, but forgot I had to do the same thing for DejaGnu when I set it up on savannah years ago. I'll see if it comes down after the next time the site gets updated from CVS.

<>For now, it would be easier to create one of the standard help-, info-
or bug- mailing list, as described in the e-mail from RMS.

That's fine too. As I'm picking up more developers, I wanted to have the basic infrastructure in place.

<>I have to ask what whether the program name alone is accepted, and
also whether it can contain 'gnu'.

RMS said the name was fine with him. He also accepted it as part of the GNU project (I'm a long-time GNU developer, DejaGnu, GCC, GDB, etc...) and liked the general idea of the project.

   - rob -