Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approved
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:22:18 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 03:12:42PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
>  That doesn't work for me. When I click on the Apply button on the
> GnuAE NEWS page, it takes me to the NEWS page for the Figure project. I
> made two attempts to add a new NEWS item, so that's what those are.
> If I go to https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group_id=6786, and click
> Apply, it takes me to
> https://savannah.gnu.org/news/index.php?group=gnuae&limit=10. Even
> though the parameters to the script say gnuae, the NEWS page I get is
> for the Figure Project, which has no NEWS items.

Interesting, that's a Savane bug, I guess. I'll check it, but not now,
we have some script to fix first - I hope you understand. I added it
to our tasks list.

However, I was talking about that page:
https://savannah.gnu.org/news/approve.php?group=gnuae

I approved the first one, it works :)

> ><>For now, it would be easier to create one of the standard help-, info-
> >or bug- mailing list, as described in the e-mail from RMS.
>
>  That's fine too. As I'm picking up more developers, I wanted to have
> the basic infrastructure in place.
>
> ><>I have to ask what whether the program name alone is accepted, and
> >also whether it can contain 'gnu'.
>

>  RMS said the name was fine with him. He also accepted it as part of
> the GNU project (I'm a long-time GNU developer, DejaGnu, GCC, GDB,
> etc...) and liked the general idea of the project.

I see, so the project name is really GnuAE, not GNU AE or AE?

I just want to be sure, because address@hidden looks redundant.

Also confirm whether you want one of help-, info- or bug-, or all of
those.

I wait for confirmation regarding creating 'address@hidden' - that's
something we should have checked before.