[Savannah-hackers] Detached signatures for source files

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Detached signatures for source files
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:45:47 +0200

Hello,

I'd like put a subdirectory in each subdirectory in my repository with a
detached GPG signature for each source file.  Each  signature file should have
the same revision number as the corresponding source file.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to be possible to set different  revision
numbers when committing multiple files with a single
`cvs commit' command, i.e.,
cvs commit -r 1.2 a.c -r 1.54 b.c -r 3.4 c.c
doesn't work.  I can't double-check this, because I don't have a Unix machine
available at the moment.   However, if I do them one-by-one, I'll have to type
in my passphrase over 100 times to start with, and then once for every
check-in.   Or is there a way to bundle multiple cvs commands so I don't have
to type it in constantly?   Am I missing something obvious?

There's a similar problem with GPG.  It doesn't seem to be possible to
generate detached signatures for two different files with one command, so I'd
have to type in _that_ passphrase over and over again, too.

I'd really appreciate it if somebody could help me with this.

Laurence Finston
GNU 3DLDF maintainer