[Savannah-hackers] [support #103403] better information on FAQ "How do I

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103403] better information on FAQ "How do I configure my SSH access?"
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:25:18 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103403] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Wed 09/29/2004 at 08:18 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Done
         Assigned to | None                      | Beuc
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Done. Thanks for the report.

[support #103403] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Miguel V. S. Frasson
On: Mon 09/27/2004 at 15:48

Category:  Savannah website

Original Submission:  Hi.  Just an improvement on the FAQ.

In the "Contact us" link (left panel on the website) we find

``(*)Please do not ask us to remove a post from one of the mailing lists.
Removing a post is not possible. If you have a problem with this, for safety
and privacy reasons for instance, we ask you not to mail to the mailing lists.''

In the question "How do I configure my SSH access ?" in the FAQ, there it says:

``If you think you have done everything correctly, use the support manager [
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group_id=11 ] or write to address@hidden
explaining your problem, providing copy/paste from the errors messages.''

First observe that the link provided is not usable (message "This project has
turned off this tracker [#1]"). This should be removed from the FAQ topic.

 The advise to use the savannah-hackers mail is done in the help page that
people with ssh-related problems, which is about security.  Somebody could
think that his mail is going to a non-public recipient and may send non-public
information there.

To avoid this problem, for example, it could just be added "(public mailing
list)" after address@hidden

Thanks.

Miguel.

Follow-up Comments