[Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #211731] Sync wwwgnu.org

From: Luis F. Araujo via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #211731] Sync wwwgnu.org
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:43:55 -0400

James Blair via RT wrote:

>>address@hidden - Mon Oct 04 09:19:38 2004]:
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I uploaded some files in a web-only project in
>>savannah.gnu.org , name gugve , though the files are
>>already in the CVS repository, i cant access them through
>>the project web page (http://www.gnu.org/gugve/).
>>
>>The savannah-hackers told me you need to sync the www.gnu.org
>>server , could you please help me with this?
>>
>>Thanks and Regards,
>>

>Are you sure you want it at the root level?  I don't think we host many
>(any?) user group projects on www.gnu.org now, but if we host more in
>the future, maybe you should give them their own subdirectory.
>
>GNU software projects, for example, are automatically created at
>www.gnu.org/software/foo.
>
>If we are going to make a habit of hosting these projects, it seems that
>the ideal situation would be to use the GUG project type on savannah to
>behave like the www project type (webmasters get editorial control
>through CVS) and have them automatically created in some subdirectory of
>www.gnu.org.
>
>I can install it wherever you want, just let me know what you want to do.
>
>-Jim

Hello Jim,

Ok, i explain a bit more about this.

My idea is to get a project hosted in a similar manner to web-Hurd-es,
which is part of GNU. (i think there is a japanase site too)

So i asked RMS to setup this project as a GNU-Web only project, and he told
me "certainly" and asked me to go thorugh savannah to apply, since i am
a webmaster
i would take care of full GNU compliance either (thats the whole point
of this).

So, it is sort of a special case, it is a GNU User Group, but it is a
project part of GNU.

I think you should treat it just like other web-only project.

Thanks and Regards,

--

Luis F. Araujo
Free Software Programmer