Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of 'aroundme' , Barnraiser´s social ne

From: asubedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of 'aroundme' , Barnraiser´s social networki - savannah.gnu .org
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:05:43 -0400

Hi,

I am reviewing the your submission at Savannah.

address@hidden writes:
 > A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
 >

 > tom calthrop <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 > License: gpl
 > Other License:
 > Package: 'aroundme', Barnraiser´s social networki
 > System name: aroundme
 > Type: GNU

 > 'aroundme', Barnraiser´s social networking and team interaction software.
 > 'aroundme' has three central components, social network, groupware,
 > activities and task management.
 >
 >  'aroundme' is a 'web standard' product. It will work with standard web
 > server configurations such as a typical Linux distribution running Apache
 > and PHP services or a Microsoft server running IIS and PHP. These are
 > available from most internet service providers (ISP) should you wish to host
 > externally.
 >
 > 'aroundme' takes up a small amount of disk space (appox 3mb). The amount of
 > space given to each user for image storage is configurable at installation.
 > Awarding large disk quotas to users will increase your disk space usage
 > which if with an ISP will increase your costs.
 >
 > 'aroundme' is easy to install and configure for personel trained in server
 > administration. Please note, we are very sorry but we do not have the
 > resources to support you if you are not within our donor program.
 >
 > Full specifications and demonstration at:
 > http://build.barnraiser.org/aroundme/
 >
 > Other Software Required:
 > php 4.x
 > ADOdb (ADOdb currently supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird,
 > Informix, Oracle, MS SQL 7, Foxpro, Access, ADO, Sybase, FrontBase, DB2 and
 > generic ODBC)
 > Web server (Apache or IIS)
 >
 > Other Comments:
 > You cannot download our source from our site. We are in the process of
 > registering with sourceforge - downloads will be available there. I can
 > email you the software to check if you like, however it is only php scripts
 > and xhtml -> address@hidden if you want it.
 >
 > I know it has nothing todo with the source, however you may wish to briefly
 > read our organisational overview to get an overvirew of the greater project
 > -> http://www.barnraiser.org/

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to refer
to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS to GNU/Linux?

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

Please forward the code to me by email (address@hidden).

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.

Also, note that when your project is approved, it will be approved as
non-GNU. To be accepted as a GNU project, the GNU evaluation team has
to approve your project.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi