[Savannah-hackers] submission of Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows -

From: lennart . borgman . 073
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:08:47 -0400

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Emacs Setup Utilities for MS Windows
System name: emacssuw32
Type: non-GNU

An installation and setup program for Emacs on MS Windows. I have no URL to the
source code but can send it to you (about 500kB zipped with 7-zip). The
installation and setup program should be created in two versions, one that
includes the binary distribution of Emacs for MS Windows and one that requires
the user to download it. The installation and setup program should be possible
to rebuild from both distributions. It should also be distributed as just
source code as a zip file.

Naturally this installation and setup program for Emacs can only run on MS
Windows. However I do believe that it will promote the use of Emacs and hope it
can fit your requirements.

The base for this program is ready, but I plan to develop it further to make
Emacs even easier to use on MS Windows.

Other Software Required:
This is meant for MS Windows.

The compiled program does not have any external dependencies except that it
requires a file from 7-zip (7za.exe). This file is included with the permission
of the author of 7-zip.

Building the program requires Inno Setup.

Both 7-zip and Innow Setup are free software. They are found at

* Inno Setup at Jordan Russels web site http://www.jrsoftware.org/.
* 7-zip by Ivan Pavlov at http://www.7-zip.org/.

Other Comments:
There have been interest on emacs developers list for an installation program
for MS Windows. I think they want it.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/