Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Peer Agent - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Peer Agent - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 23:49:30 +0200

Richard,

Would you mind read the following thread:
* http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-10/msg00194.html
* http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-10/msg00203.html
* http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-10/msg00205.html
* (not archived, but included in the reply below)
* http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-10/msg00255.html
that ends with the following message?

It regards the Java policy at Savannah. The user, Robert Fischer,
argues that we should make an exception for Java as a proprietary
dependency, because he thinks the GNU project made an exception of the
same kind for Unix 20 years ago.

I pointed him to two of the articles in philosophy/ (the history of
the GNU project from "Open Sources", and "the Java Trap"), but he is
not convinced.

Maybe we need some additional documentation on that point. Could you
reply to Robert?

Currently, the thread is on savannah-hackers (public).

I will continue the technical discussion on sandbox environments once
this first issue is closed.