Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Bloglines Notifier - savannah.nongn

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Bloglines Notifier - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:04:43 -0400

Brett Hall wrote:
The help files are hand-editted. The main help file contains a link to the legal.xml file that states that the documentation is released under the GFDL and contains a copy of the license. This is all displayed on the "about this article" page when viewed under the gnome help system or when the documentation is converted to HTML or other formats. I suppose I could add a comment to the top of the main help file stating the license that it is under and pointing people at the legal.xml file for a copy of the license. Is this what you're looking for?

I'll go ahead and add GPL comments to the other xml files that are distributed and look into the pot file issue as well.

Yes, that should address the issue of xml files. Your program will
display the licenses and copyright when it is run but here we are
concerned about the source files.

Please reply to me with the URL of the updated source code and I
will approve your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi

-brett

Alaska Subedi wrote:

Brett Hall wrote:

Hi-

Is it a new requirement that all of these files have the GPL notices? None of the other projects I've looked at, some of which are hosted on Savannah, have these notices in the xml and pot files. Plus it's going to be hard to maintain a notice in the pot file since it gets generated by the autogen script and won't be stored in the cvs repository. I can add the notices, but I wanted to make sure it was absolutely necessary. Thanks for any info.

-brett

We only need the notices in the source files, files generated by scripts
do not need notices. However, the xml files in ../help/C/ look like they
have been created manually.

The .pot files contains:
# SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER

So, it looks like it is meant to be edited by hand, not
auto-regenerated, or that autogen be configured some
more so that it completes this header.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi