[Savannah-hackers] [support #103155] Mail for bug updates (still) not be

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103155] Mail for bug updates (still) not being sent...
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:09:41 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103155] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 10/12/2004 at 08:50 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Done
              Status | Open                      | Closed

[support #103155] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Paul D. Smith
On: Thu 06/24/2004 at 18:32

Category:  None

Original Submission:  I've reported this issue on and off for many months now;
with the reorg of savannah I have no idea where my previous reports have ended
up or where the new ones should go, so I'm filing here since this is the link
under the "Savannah Help" section on the menu bar.

The email notification of updates to bugs (at least) is not working in
Savannah.  Once upon a time I was getting email notifications when new bugs
were filed, and again whenever anyone added a note to an existing bug.  Then,
after the shutdown last fall of Savannah, when it came back up I wasn't getting
any notifications at all, for any type of action on a bug.

After some back and forth, the Savannah hackers fixed it so now I'm getting
notified when new bugs are filed, so that's great... Thanks!!

But, I'm still not getting any notifications when notes are added to existing
bugs.  This is a critical problem, since I can't very well continually go
through every open bug, one by one, checking to see if anyone added any notes
to them!  And even more concerning are the closed bugs: how can I know whether
someone added a note to a closed bug, with more information or requesting that
it be reopened or whatever?

One thing to note: the person who adds the comment to the bug _DOES_ get an
email notifying them about it.  But, the _administrator_ of the project doesn't
get any mail.  I've checked (many times) and I do have the email notifications
setup for my email address with the "send on all notifications" box checked.

Is there any possibility that this might get fixed at some point?  I'd love
that...

Thanks!

BTW, my project is https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/make/.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Tue 08/24/2004 at 17:20       By: Paul D. Smith <psmith>
Seems to work fine (although it did take 5-6 hours for my mail to be delivered;
might be a problem with the mail infrastructure).

Thanks!

Date: Sun 08/22/2004 at 22:20       By: Elfyn McBratney <beu>
This is now fixed.  Paul, can you confirm this is now working for you?

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 18:50       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>
Hello,

This behavior is related to the Savannah|Savane software. It is fixed in the
current version of Savane.

We are well aware of the situation because we use this notification system.

Unfortunately, after fruitless discussions, the FSF still plan to move to
GForge, while we would like to upgrade to Savane.

This means we will have to start yet another hopefully fruitful discussion and
upgrade our software.

Until this is done, the only option we have is to manually fix our
installation, ie making a partial upgrade. While it is not impossible we do so,
we are more likely to work on more essential features.

We apology for the inconvenience :/

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103155>

  Message sent via/by Savannah