[Savannah-hackers] gnu-specific and gna-specific moved out

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] gnu-specific and gna-specific moved out
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:46:58 +0200

Hello,

I moved out of the main repository the directories
backend/gnu-specific and backend/gna-specific

There is no point, only historical explanation, in distributing these
files with Savane.

I entend to include the gna-specific stuff in the appropriate package
of tha gna's servers debian packages (gna.el will go in
gnapgnap-admins), I suggest savannah-hackers to do the same with
gnu-specific stuff.

These directories remains (and will remain) in the moved_out module
of the savane project. You can rely on this module, in the meantime
you find a cleaner solution to manage these files, as this module will
probably stay for years, and it existing content will remain
untouched.

By the way, I entend to make several modification to gna.el that could
be of use in savannah.el:
   - first, when it is said to copy the license into a file COPYING,
   it is said like it were mandatory that the file is named that
   way. It's wrong, it's only an option. What matters is the presence
   of such file.
   - second, in the same function, the pointer the GPL faq talks about
   this COPYING file issue. When I first wrote savannah.el, I
   deliberately chose to mention another faq entry (I do not remember
   which one exactly) that instead mention why it is important to
   include proper GPL headers at the begin of each source code
   files. This second issue is the one people usually do not know
   about. That's why that the one that should be mentioned (people
   have rarely troubles to understand the need to include the full
   license text).

Mathieu Roy

  +