Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Gaelic Translation Project - savann

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Gaelic Translation Project - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:20:10 -0400

I am reviewing the project that you submitted for inclusion in Savannah.

address@hidden wrote:
A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Gabor Kmetyko <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Gaelic Translation Project
System name: gtp
Type: GNU

This project aims to generate Scottish Gaelic translations for several *nix
software.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:

Could you provide detailed technical description that specifies such
requirements as programming languages and external libraries.  It should
be at least one-half a page.

Is this project still in design phase or there is some code? If you have
already started coding, could you please provide me with the URL to the
source code? You may also send forward the tarball via email
(address@hidden).

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help catch
potential omissions such as these.

Note that for your program to be approved as GNU it should be accepted
by the GNU evaluation team. If your project is approved, I will set the
type to non-GNU and forward it to the GNU evaluation team for review.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi