[Savannah-hackers] submission of algif - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of algif - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:54:32 -0300

> Elias Pschernig <address@hidden> described the package as
> follows: License: expat Other License: Package: algif System name:
> algif Type: non-GNU

> library, which allows the use of images in the .gif file format. It
> allows loading and saving of .gif images by registering as one of
> Allegro's supported formats. And it also enables placing of .gif
> images into Allegro datafiles by registering as a datafile object
> type.

> The source code can be found here (only one .c and one .h file):
> http://allefant.sf.net/allegro/gif.c
> http://allefant.sf.net/allegro/gif.h

> Other Software Required: Allegro - http://alleg.sf.net

Hi Elias Pschernig:

As you said, is a small addon, did you ask to the Allegro team if they
can merge your work in the Allegro project? If you still want to
register as a new project, you can check this URL as an example to
learn how to apply a license to your project:

        http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

There's another problem with your project and is that we cannot hosted
in our servers in USA because the LZW compression algorithm is
patented by Unisys and IBM and these patents also apply to compress
program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

Regards