Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Distributed Library Project - savan

From: Steffen Bauch
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Distributed Library Project - savannah
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:50:41 +0200

address@hidden (Jonathan Gonzalez V.) schrieb am 17.10.2004 02:25:36:

> Hi Steffen Bauc:
>
> I reviewed your Distributed Library Project (dlp), and there's some
> licenses problems.
>
> The Copyright Notices and License Notices are not in good conditions,
> please check the GPL-Howto about how to use the GPL license:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
>
> The INSTALL file is a documentation file so, would you be accord in
> put it under the GNU FDL? you can check the license and how to use in
> this URL: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html
>
> In images/ directory you have some GIF image, please remove theses GIF
> image files from your project and replace them with an other format
> (such as PNG or JPEG).
>
> Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
> algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to
> have free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply
> to the compress program.
>
> For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

We prepared a version that is compliant to the savannah rules (Licence
information corrected, gifs replaced)

http://chinabone.lth.bclub.org.uk/~saul/docs/code/savannah-rel/dlp-0.6.tar.gz

> About the site at SourceForge.net we would like to see it closed since
> we do not allow mirroring; until the SourceForge support close it
> please modify the project description and web page to point to the
> Savannah as the new home.

We will remove the SourceForge site as soon as the savannah site is up.

I hope all this is enough to get the savannah site up.

Steffen