Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AppML - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AppML - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:42:50 -0300

Nelson Ferraz <address@hidden> writes:

> Jonathan Gonzalez V. wrote:
>> I reviewed the source code in the web that you point, if this is not
>> the last version of the code, can you send me the updated tarball to
>> my e-mail(address@hidden)?. The source code at the tarball in
>> the web had many Copyright and Notice License missing, any file with
>> more than 10 lines should carry on a Copyright and Notice License,
>> this rule include all file even the '.sql' files.
>
> Jonathan,
>
> Here's the latest version of the code; I removed all the third-party libs.
>
> Data in the "xml" directory is sample data, used by the program, and
> data in the "meta" directory is meta-data; that's why I didn't include
> a copyright notice in each one.

Hi Nelson Ferraz:

Can you explain what's the real job of all the files under xml/ and
meta/ directory?, if these files will be use them by the project they
should carry on a Copyright and Notices License.

On the other hand the appml.pl and gnubis.pl files had the (C) in the
Copyright License missing, fix this. As you can read in the GNU
GPL Howto(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html), the Copyright
and Notices License should go near the beginning of the source file,
fix this.

With these changes we can approve the project as non-gnu. I'll wait
for the updated tarball.