[Savannah-hackers] submission of assameselinux - savannah.nongnu.org

From: lkpatir
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of assameselinux - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:57:36 -0500

sunaram patir <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: assameselinux
System name: asomiyalinux
Type: non-GNU

     This project is aimed at providing free computing in Assamese Language.
Since GNU/Linux is where we can accomplish it, we have decided to localise
linux into Assamese. For that purpose i have specifically chosen Mandrake
linux. Mandrake linux will be supported in Assamese with GNOME as the desktop
environment for the first time. Then we will translate KDE. I need a platform
where I can contact with more people. I want to use this as the platform. There
is no open source true type font for Assamese, I have to create it and make it
available through this platform. Many more things there for which I have to
avail the resources provided here.
      I have just begun translating GNOME and Mandrake linux. So I can't show
you sample of my work.

Other Software Required:
     This project will depend solely on free softwares as i see now.

Other Comments:
    Please look at (1)http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
    Language name: assamese , coordinator name: sunaram patir
  (2)http://www.mandrakelinux.com/l10n/as.php3

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/