[Savannah-hackers] Re: Source Code attached : submission of XrossTabComp

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Source Code attached : submission of XrossTabCompiler - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:37:37 -0500

Neil D'Souza wrote:
Hello Alaska,

Please find attached a tarball named: xtcc.noversion.tar.gz

      There is a make file included and a README -
without any extentions - This currently only makes
sense to a Market Research DP at the moment. I haven't
included a test data file - but will make one shortly.
I understand that you are going through my code to
review it for any license issues. If you have any
difficulty in opening the file please let me know. I
have tested the zip before attaching it.

      Thanks again for your time.

Best Wishes,
Neil
--- Alaska Subedi <address@hidden> wrote:

address@hidden wrote:

This mail was sent to address@hidden,

address@hidden

Neil Xavier D    Souza <address@hidden>

described the package as follows:

License: gpl
Other License: Package: XrossTabCompiler
System name: xtcc
Type: non-GNU

Hi, The software Im developing is a Market

Research tool for Tabulation. The program is
supposed to be a compiler although right now it
works as  an interpreter. You may have heard of a
similar proprietary package called quantum - this is
similar in functionality - but I want to get rid of
all the things I find irritating. The syntax
language is quite different - the edit section input
is much like 'C' , and the tabulation section has
human understandable names for keywords. There is a
yacc grammar for each of the 3 input sections - and
naturally Im also using  lex ( flex actually). The
project is coded in C++. The project is working
although not completely functional and  generates
tables, and some other reports. The code is not
hosted anywhere and I would like to mail you my
code. As per your instructions above I will send you
a separate email - about whom to mail it to.
Other Software Required:
My program uses yacc, flex, make ( but they are

freely available on my GNU/LINUX system

Other Comments:

Please send it to me (address@hidden, and if I
do not respond to
your email withing two days please knock on my door
with more emails :).

Thanks,

Alaska subedi

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the
GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every file (including the data files) of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a
copy of the plain text version of the GPL, available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
and
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html#Copyright-Notices.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code, for
example, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Please address this issue and I'll approve your project for inclusion in
Savannah.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi