[Savannah-hackers] submission of Unpiggyfy - savannah.nongnu.org

From: francois . berenger-fun
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Unpiggyfy - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:34:47 -0500

Francois BERENGER <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Unpiggyfy
System name: unpiggyfy
Type: non-GNU

Unpiggyffy is a source code formatter and indentation rules
extractor. Thus, it can be used for two different purposes : indenting
source code not formated as you like, or doing the opposite function
(extracting formating rules of source code indented the way you like).
Each programming language is supported by a specific plug-in (the language's
key-words, its grammar and a parser if impossible to parse with a lex
& yacc kind of tools).
Unpiggyffy can be useful when maintaining source code not written by you, in
order to make it more readable. Or before a CVS commit, in order to
remove indentation changes you introduced only for you comfort (the
others are not concerned with them but more on the semantics changes
you made).
Unpiggyffy will be written in Objective Caml, a strongly typed functional
language.
Both for technical reasons and because I would like to reinforce my
knowledge of it.
There is not yet any source code, but it will come soon and be released under
some GPL-compatible license.

Other Software Required:
The Objective Caml interpreter, but we can do without it : it is possible to
translate ocaml code into C.
Furthermore, concerning ocaml, we can read in its documentation the
following :
"The Compiler is distributed under the terms of the Q Public License
version 1.0 with a change to choice of law (included below).
The Library is distributed under the terms of the GNU Library General
Public License version 2 (included below)."
So, I think there will be no problems.

Other Comments:
I already have 2 high-level use cases from the UML specification.

PS: the graphical theme feature of your website is really cool, I chose
darkSlate and I really feel like under my own emacs!

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/