[Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Beltane 1 - savannah.nongnu.org

From: karl
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Beltane 1 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:23:36 -0500

Karl Berry <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Free Beltane 1
System name: freebeltane
Type: non-GNU

BELTANE is a package for central management of the samhain file
integrity / intrusion detection system.
http://la-samhna.de/beltane/

Other Software Required:
The only notable dependency is Samhaim itself, which is free.
http://la-samhna.de/samhain/index.html

Other Comments:
Beltane v1 is distributed under the GPL.  Unfortunately, the authors
have decided to distribute Beltane v2 under a non-free license (no
redistribution).

Therefore, rms wants to have a project for continued development of
free Beltane.  Including not linking to the home page above, since it
prominently discusses the non-free v2.

I'm not going to maintain it myself, but rms asked me to create the
project and populate it with the initial files, hence this application.

(My next step will be to ask for a volunteer to be the new maintainer.)

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/