[Savannah-hackers] SCM <--> Bug-tracking Integration

From: Kristis Makris
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] SCM <--> Bug-tracking Integration
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:48:48 -0700

Hello,

The problem of providing integration of SCM with Bugtracking has been
solved to varying degrees by numerous efforts in the past. None of those
solutions was found to be flexible enough for our needs in the ASU
Scalable Computing lab. We designed a more generic solution, named
Scmbug(http://freshmeat.net/projects/scmbug/) which can solve the
"integration" problem once and for all.

Software hosting projects like sourceforge.net, savannah.gnu.org, and
gforge.org still lack integration of SCM systems (like CVS and
Subversion) with bug-tracking systems (like Bugzilla), and can benefit
from our solution. Scmbug permits developing both SCM integration
frontends and Bug-tracking integration backends that fit within the same
integration framework. We would like you to consider Scmbug for addition
to the GNU software directory.

A technical paper better describing our system is available upon
request, currently submitted to the Freenix '05 conference. The system's
manual(http://www.public.asu.edu/~makrists/scmbug/latest_manual/) also
details our design.

Looking forward to your reply,

--