Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Nimiq - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Nimiq - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:41:26 -0300

lexi <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Alex Doh:

In the tarball that you send me you just drop the PEAR::Auth source,
this isn't enough because you didn't deleted the dependence itself.

If you're going to release your software properly under the GNU GPL
you should know that any software under GNU GPL cannot have a
GPL-Incompatible dependencies, if you have doubt about this issue you
can read the GNU GPL FAQ, this is the link to the question:

     http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FSWithNFLibs

We recommend that you should drop the dependence itself and create
new code to do the job or looks for another library release under the
GPL (or a GPL-Compatible License). There is also another
not-recommended solution of a GPL 'exception', you can read it this in
the GNU GPL FAQ, this is the link to the question:

    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs

But as I said, this is a not recommended solution and consider the
first solution that I propose you(create new code or looks for another
library).

The PEAR(including any class from the PEAR package) issue it is the
only problem that we have to approve your project at Savannah. Fixing
this we can approve the project.

I'll wait your updated tarball.

Regards,