Re: [Savannah-hackers] Erroneous CVS commit report

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Erroneous CVS commit report
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:55:07 -0500

    Ok, no problem. By the way, Bala told me he has some time now, so he
    may want to fix this as well as the branch-filtered notifications. If
    he doesn't, I will ask the sysadmins.

If it is possible for Savannah people to fix this problem,
why did you suggest I ask the sysadmins?  When I saw that,
I assumed you must have said that for some specific reason,
such as that this is code that you can't or shouldn't change.

We have just one sysadmin now, which means he is overloaded.
So when you encounter a problem that Savannah people can fix,
the Savannah people should fix it--not ask the sysadmins.

When there is a problem you can't fix, because it involves
someting that only the sysadmins can change, that is the time
to ask for the sysadmins' help.

Ok?