[Savannah-hackers] emacs-diffs mailing list and other similar ones

From: Richard Stallman
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:51:24 -0500

The emacs-diffs list is getting some spam.  It should be nearly
trivial to reject nearly all spam on lists of this kind, because the
message ID of any legitimate message is @lists.gnu.org, and the
subject of any legitiate message to emacs-diffs contains "Changes to".

Can you set up something simple to reject mail that doesn't have those
characteristics?  Or if you can't do it alone, could you please ask
sysadmin to set it up for you, in such a way that you can install the
same filter on your own (without needing the sysadmin's help) for all
such diffs mailing lists that exist now or in the future?

I will be happiest if you get this job done reasonably soon without
need for my help, and if the next message I get from you about this,
within a week from now, says "The job is done".  However, if for any
reason you are blocked by a problem you cannot solve promptly on your
own, please *tell me* the problem without delay.