Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Rheolef - a finite element environm

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Rheolef - a finite element environment - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:13:19 -0500

We did not get a response from you, so we deleted your project from
the pending queue.

If you would still like to have your project hosted at Savannah,
please register it again.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgment of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location where you can
re-register your project.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi

[following attached for reference]
Alaska Subedi wrote:
Hi,

I am waiting for an answer from you.

If within one week I still do not get a reply, I will remove your
project. You will still be able to register it again once you have the
time to deal with the registration issues.

Regards,
Alaska Subedi

Alaska Subedi wrote:

address@hidden writes:
 > A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

> Pierre Saramito <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 > License: gpl
 > Other License:  > Package: Rheolef - a finite element environment
 > System name: rheolef
 > Type: GNU

 > Rheolef is a computer environment that serves as a convenient
 > laboratory for computations in applied mathematics, involving finite
 > element-like methods. It provides a set of unix commands and C++
 > algorithms and containers.

 > Containers covers first the classic graph data structure for sparse
 > matrix formats and finite element meshes.

 > An higher level of abstraction is provided by containers related to
 > approximate finite element spaces, discrete fields and bilinear forms.

 > Current applications cover

 >     - Poisson problems in 1D 2D and 3D with P1 or P2 elements
> - Stokes problems in 2D and 3D, with P2-P1 or P1 bubble-P1 elements
 >     - linear elasticity in 2D and 3D, with P1 and P2 elements,
> including the incompressible and nearly incompressible elasticity > - characteristic method for convection-difusion, time-dependent problems
 >       and Navier-Stokes equations.
 >     - auto-adaptive mesh based for 2D problems
 >     - axisymetric problems
 >     - multi-regions and non-constant coefficients

 > Input and Output in various file format for meshes generators
 > and numerical data visualization systems (vtk, plotmtv, gnuplot).

 > Both reference manual and users guide are available.

 > Home page:      http://www-lmc.imag.fr/lmc-edp/Pierre.Saramito/rheolef

 > Other Software Required:
 > None.

 > Other Comments:
> This package is related to mathematics, physics and also solid and fluid mechanics.

 > See : http://www-lmc.imag.fr/lmc-edp/Pierre.Saramito/

Seems like your project suggests the use of bamg, grummp, etc. These
software cannot be used for commercial purposes. Hence, they are
non-free.
Your project requires proprietary software and cannot be hosted on
Savannah for this reason.

Savannah is willing to provide resources and time to developers writing
Free Software that can be used without the need to ask permission from
proprietary software vendor.

If, someday, you get free of those dependencies (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/java for more information), do not hesitate
to resubmit your project.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,