Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Katiuska - Theora Encoder Frontend

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Katiuska - Theora Encoder Frontend - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:43:52 -0500

I am waiting for an answer from you.

If within one week I still do not get a reply, I will remove your
project. You will still be able to register it again once you have the
time to deal with the registration issues.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi

Alaska Subedi wrote:
Hi,

I am reviewing your submission at Savannah.

address@hidden wrote:

patcito <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Katiuska - Theora Encoder Frontend
System name: katiuska
Type: non-GNU

This is a theora encoder frontend. It uses ffmpeg2theora, mencoder, the encoder_example that comes with the theora libs and a little gpl bash script that I found with google. With it you can encode mostly any kind of video that ffmpeg and mencoder can (avi, mpeg4 and 2, quicktime etc).
Only one of the two encoder are needed, ffmpeg2theora or mencoder.
For now the application is developped using kommander but it will be ported to KDE/c++ later.

source available here: http://www.prestigesecurity.biz/katiuska.tar.bz2

Other Software Required:
KDE3.3.3
kommander1.1development1 or newer version
libtheora-1.0alpha3

Other Comments:

The GNU GPL does not allow distributing of binaries without the
commitment to supply the source code. It will also be impracticle
for you to distribute the sourcecode for binary files of some other
projects in your project's tarball. So, could you please remove
the binary files from the tarball of your project.

Also, the files katiuska.kmdr and setup.sh do not have appropriate
copyright and licence-to-copy notices. In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GPL, please place copyright notices
 and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of every file of
source code.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Regards,

Alaska Subedi