Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of X3DToolKit - library and applicatio

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of X3DToolKit - library and applications - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:47:23 -0500

I am waiting for an answer from you.

If within one week I still do not get a reply, I will remove your
project. You will still be able to register it again once you have the
time to deal with the registration issues.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi

Alaska Subedi wrote:
Forgot to CC this to address@hidden

/Alaska Subedi

Alaska Subedi wrote:

Hi,

I am reviewing the project you submitted at Savannah.

address@hidden wrote:
| A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org
| This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
|

| Yannick Le Goc <address@hidden> described the package as
follows:
| License: lgpl
| Other License:
| Package: X3DToolKit - library and applications
| System name: x3dtoolkit
| Type: non-GNU

| Toolkit written in C++ for loading, displaying and processing X3D
models (X3D is a new extensible 3D file format based on XML, supported
by the web3d consortium. It should be the future 3D file format).
X3DToolKit is developed since September 2002 and now supports most of
the X3D standard.
| This library is designed for 3D developers. Its main functionalities are :
|  * Edition, parsing and processing the X3D scene graph using a
powerful processor mechanism.
|  * Translation of the scene meshes into a winged-edge topological data
structure.
|  * Support for seamless extension of the X3D language and the design
of extended processors.

| web site: http://artis.imag.fr/Members/Yannick.Legoc/X3D/index.html
| platforms: unix's, windows
|
| Other Software Required:
| Qt from Trolltech
| Xerces (optional)
|

| Other Comments:

Please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them with an
other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to have
free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply to the
compress program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the
LGPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements
at the beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy
of the plain text version of the LGPL, available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html#SEC4
and
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html#Copyright-Notices.

Please address the above mentioned issues and provide me with the URL to
an updated tarball.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi