Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of NetHack Proxy - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of NetHack Proxy - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:16:44 -0300

"J. Ali Harlow" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi J. Ali Harlow,

You should follow that recommendation and license all your examples,
this will keep the freedom even in your documentation.

No so complicated as you think, you just have to include the Copyright
Notices and the little License Notices after the tittle. As you can
read in the fdl-howto, you just have to put the license notices in the
main file of your document(maybe nhproxy-docs.sgml?), if you cannot
include the copyright notices in all other files(maybe you should try
to find if gtk-doc can do this), you can create a file called
'DOCS.LICENSE' and include here, the copyright and the little license
notices for all other files.

Well, I'm not really sure how gtk-doc works, but if just take comments
and functions names, should not be a problem, because you aren't
linking the doc with the source code, so should not be a problem.

The file doc/ext_protocol.html, should keep the NGPL license.

Well, that's the main idea, but you include the GPL license notices
not the LGPL license notices. Remember that you cannot forget the
Copyright notices ;).

Related to the last line in license notices, can you please remove the
opensource.org reference? we want to avoid any confusion with Free
Software and Open Source. You can put this link:

         http://www.nethack.org/common/license.html

Sorry, I didn't see that file, no problem you just have to include the
verbatim copy of the license.

There's no problem in keep the current copyright holder, if your are
going to release it as a team, is ok :).

Please ask, we want to clarify any doubt from the users.

Regards,