Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Ramon - A RMON2 Network Monitoring

From: Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Ramon - A RMON2 Network Monitoring Agent - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:15:52 -0200

Quoting  address@hidden (Jonathan Gonzalez V.)
Sent on  Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:37:16 -0300

Hello Jonathan Gonzalez,

> address@hidden writes:
>
> Hi Ricardo Nabiger,
>
> I checked the CURL project page and the License Notices it's
> GPL-Compatible but, they put a string "All rights reserved", and this
> make it GPL-Incompatible. You can contact to the authors and asking if
> they can remove this little string from the license, because this make
> it non-free software since the have to give rights to the users to be
> free software this mean that they cannot reserver all rights. The
> other options it is drop this package from the dependencies list, can
> you tell us what you will do?

>From their FAQ:

    http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#6.6
    6.6 Can you please change the curl/libcurl license to XXXX?
    No.
    <explanation>

So I'll drop libcurl from the project.  In fact, I've already removed it,
thus it is a little broken right now.  I can fix it later with some sockets
and no external dependency. :)

> Related to the package, there's a directory called 'net-snmp', the
> files here are licensed as part of your  project but you name a
> dependence called 'Net-SNMP', are these files the created as an
> interface to work with the Net-SNMP dependence? if this is the case,
> you should change the name to this directory to avoid future confusions.

Fixed.  I renamed the directory to module/, these files are only necessary
when one wants to integrate the agent into the Net-SNMP as a loadable
module.  They are an interface to Net-SNMP, as you pointed.

> You have two problems related to the licensing process, the first was
> pointed above, the second it's that you didn't replace the string 'GNU
> program' in all your License Notices, consider to fix this :)

Oh man! :)
Well, fixed.  GNU program --> Ramon

> If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
> us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
> will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

The updated tarball is available at:

        http://mutuca.metropoa.tche.br/~rnsanchez/rmon2_00028.tar.gz

Thanks for your time, and best regards.

--