Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Ramon - A RMON2 Network Monitoring

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Ramon - A RMON2 Network Monitoring Agent - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:37:16 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Ricardo Nabiger,

I checked the CURL project page and the License Notices it's
GPL-Compatible but, they put a string "All rights reserved", and this
make it GPL-Incompatible. You can contact to the authors and asking if
they can remove this little string from the license, because this make
it non-free software since the have to give rights to the users to be
free software this mean that they cannot reserver all rights. The
other options it is drop this package from the dependencies list, can
you tell us what you will do?

Related to the package, there's a directory called 'net-snmp', the
files here are licensed as part of your  project but you name a
dependence called 'Net-SNMP', are these files the created as an
interface to work with the Net-SNMP dependence? if this is the case,
you should change the name to this directory to avoid future confusions.

You have two problems related to the licensing process, the first was
pointed above, the second it's that you didn't replace the string 'GNU
program' in all your License Notices, consider to fix this :)

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.