[Savannah-hackers] submission of Francois's Hit Fly - savannah.gnu.org

From: lamini . 1
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Francois's Hit Fly - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:08:34 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Francois Lamini <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Francois's Hit Fly
System name: hitfly
Type: GNU

The project Hit Fly, which is an arcade game, is one in which a sausage
person tries to catch a fly. The game does not focus on killing the fly
but catching it. This might sound simple but it isn't! The fun part is
not catching the fly but trying to. But, not all things are for the worst,
as a sausage person you can not only jump (you can't run) but you can walk
up walls kick at lightning speed all in order the prevent the fly from
getting the best of you! The game should be both fun and challenging and
possibly multiplayer.

So what do you want to know about the project? Well, I'm leading the
project because it was my idea and I'm also implementing, testing,
debugging and maintaining it. This is a small project which I hope will
evolve over time into something more interesting...trust me, it will! But
for now just have fun catching that fly!

Some specs on the project... I'm implementing this project in C++ using
good and I stress good C++ programming unlike the style that I used in the
past. I work with BMP files as well as wave sounds. The game will run in
256x256 true color mode or what I call super mode because it's super to
work with! Yes, the game will run in a window for now maybe later I'll
run it in fullscreen mode.

Now a little about me. I'm a programmer, duh! I know C++, Java,
JavaScript, HTML, Perl, and a little bit of assembly. I don't do much
programming in any other language besides C++. I like to work on small
projects and then evolve them into something better. I have been
programming for the past 6 years but it was not until recently that I
began grasping the C++ language and programming as well!

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
The binaries should not require anything special besides what comes with
the operating system itself. I don't really like using people's stuff
I'd rather do it myself.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/