Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of CHM decompiler - savannah.nongnu.or

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of CHM decompiler - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:06:48 -0300

pabs <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

>> Currently you are using the License notices for programs with just one
>> file, maybe you will want to use the License notices more programs with more
>> than one, consider to change it.
>
> Hmm, not sure what you mean by this.

You are currently using a License notices that start like this: `This
program is free software`, this assume that your program it is of
just one file, instead if you use the License notices that start with
this line: `This file is part of Foobar`, where Foobar it's the name
of your project, this will assume that your project contains more than
one file.

Consider to drop the text '(at your option)' in the License notices,
to make it compatible with the GPL v3.

>> > The BSD file is the licence for another program, which is distributed
>> > along with chmdeco in the Win32 binary distribution (see the LICENCE
>> > file). I have a COPYING file, containing the verbatim GPL2. I guess I
>> > should probably not distribute the BSD file in the source, but copy it
>> > from somewhere else during the build process on Windows (like I do for
>> > the exe itself)?
>>
>> Can you precise more about the binary file that you will distribute
>> with the tarball?
>
> It is from [0] (contains source code and a binary), which is a
> windows-only program, since it utilises windows-only interfaces. It runs
> under wine too, now that they have implemented the required interfaces.
> It is compilable with free compilers - specifically, g++/mingw.
>
> 0. http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/istorage.zip
> http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/prog.html#istorage

If you are not going to include istorage on the tarball it is not
necessary to include the license of this package.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.