[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104539] Anonymous CVS now requires password

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104539] Anonymous CVS now requires password
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:54:19 +0000

> Do you still experience the issue?

Yes, I reproduced it just now. <wboutin> told me she
discovered the same issue this morning; she said that
'anoncvs' was accepted as a password, and then everything
worked normally.

I've been running exactly the same command many times
a day for months, and haven't changed my cvs software.

> We didn't change anything regarding anoncvs, and I
> cannot reproduce the error.

Here are the exact steps I took to reproduce it here.
I started a new bash instance and copied and pasted the
commands shown here
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=lmi
only changing 'co <modulename>' to 'update':

$ pwd
/c/tmp/eraseme

$ export CVS_RSH="ssh"

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lmi update
address@hidden's password:
[I typed 'savannah': no good]
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:
[I typed 'anoncvs': no good]
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:
[I typed 'password': that worked]
cvs update: in directory .:
cvs [update aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

I tried 'checkout', but that asks for a password too:

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lmi co lmi
address@hidden's password:

Is there anything else you would like me to test?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104539>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/