[Savannah-help-public] Re: Fwd: Invitation to Participate in Summer of C

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Fwd: Invitation to Participate in Summer of Code 2006
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:27:36 -0500

    toby> What would be nice to have would be a query on Savannah for
    "any help wanted request logged by a project that's a GNU project".

Yes, I agree, this would be great.  (Unrelated to the summer-of-code
stuff.)  In fact, I seem to remember posting something like that as a
suggestion in the tasklist project some years ago :), when I was trying
to make some inroads on combining all the various "help wanted" lists we
have floating around.

Savannah folks, is it possible?

Thanks,
Karl

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:32:03 -0400
From: toby cabot <address@hidden>

[...]

Savannah hosts both GNU projects and non-GNU projects, and any
project can submit "Help Wanted" entries that end up on this page:
http://savannah.gnu.org/people/ .  The "tasklist" project is special -
it's purpose is to hold "help wanted" entries that aren't associated
with a specific Savannah project.

What would be nice to have would be a query on Savannah for "any help
wanted request logged by a project that's a GNU project".  Right now
you can either see all projects (too wide) or tasklist (too narrow).
For example, the "GNU Task List" link from Savannah's home page goes
to the tasklist project page which links to
http://savannah.gnu.org/people/?group=tasklist which is a list of the
help wanted items that belong to the tasklist project, but doesn't
include entries submitted by GNU projects hosted on Savannah.  This
makes it harder to see entries added by GNU projects on their own behalf.